We offer a MAXIMUM of 14 days warranty FROM THE DATE of purchase or fitting on ALL PARTS SOLD OR FITTED BY MKFIXITSCOOTERS.
WE DO NOT OFFER WARRANTY OR REFUNDS FOR DAMAGED PARTS, DAMGED RETURNS, POLES, STEMS, TUBES, TYRES OR PARTS THAT SEEM ABUSED OR WATER DAMAGED.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF ANY ELECTRIC SCOOTERS PURCHASED HERE.
In consideration of Your use of any of the Electric Scooters supplied (defined below) provided by MKFixitscooters, It requires that You (“Rider,” “You,” or “Your”) (acting for all of Rider’s family, heirs, agents, affiliates, representatives, successors, and assigns) agree to all terms and conditions in this Usage Agreement, Waiver of Liability, and Release (“Agreement”).
You should CAREFULLY READ all terms and conditions before entering into using Electric Scooters. Capitalized terms have the meanings given to them where defined in this Agreement.
• THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS RELEASES, DISCLAIMERS, AND ASSUMPTIONOF-RISK PROVISIONS AND A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT THAT LIMIT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE REFER TO SECTIONS 9 AND 15 BELOW •
All applicable laws (including, without limitation, those applicable to traffic, pedestrians, parking, charging and electric Vehicles) must be obeyed, including any helmet laws in Your area.
1. GENERAL USE OF VEHICLE.
1.1 Rider is At Least 18 Years Old.
Rider represents and certifies that Rider is at least 18 years old.
1.2 Rider is a Competent Vehicle Operator.
Rider represents and certifies that he/she is familiar with the operation of the Electric Scooter, and is reasonably competent and physically fit to ride the Vehicle. You can find materials provided by the Vehicle manufacturers within your manual. By choosing to ride a Electric Scooter, Rider assumes all responsibilities and risks for any injuries or medical conditions. You are responsible for determining whether conditions, including, without limitation, rain, fog, snow, hail, ice, heat or electrical storms, make it dangerous to operate a Electric Scooter. You are advised to adjust Your riding behavior and braking distance to suit the weather, visibility, surrounding environment, and traffic conditions.
1.3 Rider Must Follow Laws Regarding Use and/or Operation of Vehicle.
Rider agrees to follow all laws pertaining to the use, riding, parking, charging, and/or operation of the Vehicle, including all state and local laws and the rules
and regulations pertaining to Vehicles in the area where You are operating the Vehicle, including any helmet laws.
1.4 Prohibited Acts. Rider agrees to the following:
• MKFixit recommends against operation of a Vehicle while carrying or holding a briefcase, backpack, bag, or other item that can alter balance or impair safe operation of the Electric Scooter. If You choose to use such an item, MKFixitscooters recommends that You ensure the item fits snugly to Your body and does not impede Your ability to operate the Vehicle safely.
• You must not place heavy objects on the handlebar of the Electric Scooter, such as heavy backpacks or bags.
• While riding a Electric Scooter, You must not use any cellular telephone, text messaging device, portable music player, or other device that may distract You from operating the Electric Scooter safely.
• You must not operate a Electric Scooter while under the influence of any alcohol, drugs, medication, or other substance that may impair Your ability to operate a Electric Scooter safely.
• You must not carry a second person or child on a Electric Scooter.
• You must not mount or dismount kerbs or any other elevated surface. The Electric Scooter is not intended for off-road or rough usage. • The Electric Scooter is not a stunt scooter and it’s intended use to for even surfaces
• You must not use the Electric Scooter in flooded, wet or snowy conditions and must not drive scooter through heavy puddles
1.5 Vehicle is Intended for Only Limited Types of Use.
Rider agrees that he/she will not use the Electric Scooter for racing, mountain riding, or stunt or trick riding. Rider agrees that he/she will not operate and/or use the Electric Scooter on unpaved roads, through water (beyond normal urban riding), or in any location that is prohibited, illegal, and/or a nuisance to others. 1.6 Weight and Cargo Limits. You must not exceed the maximum weight limit for the Electric Scooter of 100kg (unless advised otherwise during purchase)
1.7 No Alterations.
You must not tamper with, alter software or hardware on Electric Scooter with voiding warranty.
1.8 Charger & Plug
Rider agrees to ONLY use charger and plug provided by MKFIXITSCOOTERS. No other charger or plug may be used for charging the Electric Scooter.
1.9 Electric Vehicle.
The Electric Scooter is an electric Vehicle that requires periodic charging of its battery in order to operate. Rider agrees to use and operate the Vehicle safely and prudently in light of the Vehicle being an electric Vehicle and all of the limitations and requirements associated therewith. Rider understands and agrees with each of the following:
• The level of charge power remaining in the Electric Scooter will decrease with use of the Electric Scooter (over both time and distance), and that as the level of charge power of the Electric Scooter decreases, the speed and other operational capabilities of the Electric Scooter may decrease (or cease in their entirety).
• The rate of loss of charging power during the use of the Electric Scooter is not guaranteed and will vary based on the Electric Scooter, road conditions, weather conditions, and other factors.
1.9B Charging of Vehicle.
Rider may charge the Electric Scooter only by plugging a proper manufacturer-approved charging cord into an outlet that may be lawfully used for such purpose. Rider agrees to follow all laws and rules pertaining to the charging of the Electric Scooter, including all state and local laws and all public and private rules and regulations pertaining to the area and to the property where Rider is charging the Vehicle.
WARRANTY FOR NEW E-SCOOTERS
DUE TO THE NATURE OF ELECTRIC SCOOTERS WE OFFER 2 MONTHS WARRANTY ON PARTS AND LABOUR FOR ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL PARTS THAT FAIL UNLESS COVERED BY A MANUFACTURER WARRANTY.
PARTS THAT HAVE FAILED DUE TO ABUSE WILL NOT BE COVERED AND THE WARRATNY WILL BE VOIDED!
THE E-SCOOTER MUST BE SERVICED FROM MKFIXITSCOOTERS WITHIN 300 MILES OTHERWISE YOUR WARRANTY WILL BE VOIDED!
2.1 Safety Check.
Before each use of a Electric Scooter, Rider shall conduct a basic safety inspection of the Vehicle, which includes inspecting the following: (i) trueness of the wheels; (ii) safe operation of all brakes and lights; (iii) good condition of the frame; (iv) sufficient battery charge power; and (iv) any sign of damage, unusual or excessive wear, or other open and obvious mechanical problem/maintenance need. Rider agrees not to ride the Electric Scooter if there are any noticeable issues, and to immediately notify customer service to alert Mkfixitscooters of any problems.
2.2 Helmets; Safety.
Mkfixit recommends that all Riders wear a Snell, CPSC, ANSI or ASTM approved helmet that has been properly sized, fitted and fastened according to the manufacturer’s instructions. MKfixit do not represent or warrant the quality or safety characteristics of any helmet, and Rider agrees that none of the Released Persons is liable for any injury suffered by Rider while using any of the Scooter, whether or not Rider is wearing a helmet at the time of injury. Rider assumes all risk of not wearing a helmet or other protective gear. Rider may need to take additional safety measures or precautions not specifically addressed in this Agreement.
3. Choice of Law; Dispute Resolution.
This Agreement is governed by, and must be construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ireland, excluding principles of conflicts of laws. For every dispute regarding this Agreement: (i) the prevailing party is entitled to its costs, expenses, and reasonable attorney fees (whether incurred at trial, on appeal, or otherwise) incurred in resolving or settling the dispute, in addition to all other damages or awards to which the party may be entitled; (ii) each party consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California and agrees that those courts have personal jurisdiction over each party; (iii) venue must be in Ireland.
4. Voluntary Execution of this Agreement.
This Agreement is entered into voluntarily, with consideration, and without any duress or undue influence on the part or behalf of Mkfixit. Rider acknowledges that he/she (a) has read this Agreement; (b) understands the terms and consequences of this Agreement, including the releases it contains; and (c) is fully aware of the legal and binding effect of this Agreement.
5. RELEASES; DISCLAIMERS; ASSUMPTION OF RISK.
Rider agrees to fully release, indemnify, and hold harmless MKfixitscooters and all of its owners, managers, affiliates, employees, contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Persons”) from liability for all “Claims” arising out of or in any way related to Rider’s use of the Electric Scooter including, but not limited to, those Claims based on Released Persons’ alleged negligence, breach of contract, and/or breach of express or implied warranty, except for Claims based on Released Persons’ gross negligence or willful misconduct.
Such released are intended to be general and complete releases of all Claims. “Claims” means, collectively, any and all claims, injuries, demands, liabilities, disputes, causes of action (including statutory, contract, negligence, or other tort theories), proceedings, obligations, debts, liens, fines, charges, penalties, contracts, promises, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees, whether incurred at trial, on appeal, or otherwise), damages (including but not limited to, for personal injury, wrongful death, property damage, and injury to rider or to third parties, consequential, compensatory, or punitive damages), or losses (whether known, unknown, asserted, unasserted, fixed, conditional, or contingent) that arise from or relate to Rider’s use of any of the Electric Scooter.
Rider is aware that Rider’s use of any of the Electric Scooter involves obvious and not-so-obvious risks, dangers, and hazards that may result in injury or death to Rider or others and damage to property, and that such risks, dangers, and hazards cannot always be predicted or avoided. Risks, dangers, and hazards, include, but are not limited to:
• vehicles and other objects;
• Vehicle or component malfunction;
• road conditions;
• weather conditions;
• failure to follow applicable laws regarding use and/or operation of the Vehicle pursuant to Section 1.3;
• commission of any of the prohibited acts listed in Section 1.4;
• failure to perform the required safety check pursuant to Section 2.1;
• failure to wear a helmet where required by law; and
• negligent acts or omissions by Mkfixit, any other Released Person, Rider, or third party.
Rider is solely and fully responsible for the safe operation of Vehicle at all times. Rider agrees that Vehicles are machines that may malfunction, even if the Vehicle is properly maintained and that such malfunction may cause injury. Rider assumes full and complete responsibility for all related risks, dangers, and hazards.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, this release and hold harmless agreement includes any and all Claims related to or arising from the sole or partial negligence of Mkfixit, the Released Parties, any Municipality or any other party. Rider hereby expressly waives any claims against the Released Parties, any Municipality or any other party which Rider does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of use of Electric Scooter, and expressly waives Rider’s rights under any statutes that purport to preserve Rider’s unknown claims.
ANY ELECTRIC SCOOTER THAT HAS BEEN BOOKED IN AND REQUIRES THE GRIP TAPE TO BE REMOVED WE CAN NOT GUARENTEE IT WILL PEEL OF SMOOTH AND MAY NEED REPLACING. THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER ANY COSTS OF MKFIXITSCOOTERS AND SHOULD WE SUPPLY ONE THERE WILL BE AN ADDITONAL CHARGE DEPENDING ON AVAILABILTY AND SCOOTER.
RIDER ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT
• I certify that I have read and expressly agree to the terms and conditions of Section 10 Releases; Disclaimers; Assumption of Risk, and I acknowledge that this section limits my legal rights and remedies. I intend my assent to this Agreement to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent permitted by law. I represent and certify that I am familiar with the operation of the Electric Scooter, and am reasonably competent and physically fit to ride the Vehicle.
• I certify that I am the Rider, I am 18 years old or over, I will wear a helmet where required by law, I will not ride a Electric Scooter with another occupant, I will obey all traffic laws, I will ride at my own risk, and I have read and expressly agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
E-SCOOTERS ARE ILLEGAL TO RIDE AND USE ON PUBLIC ROADS AND PATHS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.
E-scooters are not illegal in the UK and you can buy, sell, upgrade and own one perfectly legally. However, it is illegal to use an e-scooter in public unless it is rented as part of a recognised trial scheme. © MKFIXITSCOOTERS